NYSBWA College Scholarship
The New York State Beer Wholesalers Association (NYSBWA) is pleased to offer college students in NYS the opportunity to apply for a $1,000 scholarship. As an organization, we believe in the importance of education and thus we seek to provide deserving individuals with opportunities that will allow them to become productive members of the state’s workforce.
To apply for a scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident
- Be a New York State resident
- Be a senior in high school at the time of application
- Be enrolled or will be enrolling in a college or university located in New York State (2 or 4 year)
- Have a minimum program GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Have demonstrated intent to major in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Please fill out our application found here. Information on submitting the application along with all attachments is provided. One scholarship will be awarded per year. It is an annual award and not renewable.
Applications should be submitted beginning February 1, 2017. Applications will NOT be accepted after June 1, 2017. The winner will be contacted by email and/or phone in July. The winner must accept the scholarship at the wholesale member site closest to their home, where they will be photographed with the wholesale member company owner and local elected officials.
Once completed, please submit all your information to New York State Beer Wholesalers Association to:
New York State Beer Wholesalers Association, Inc.
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
119 Washington Ave – Suite 3C
Albany, NY 12210
or via email.